It has been an amazing journey for me the last few months. I have been completely cut off from life the way that I knew it to be and I was forced to find out how to be happy despite the changes. I can see myself changing from day to day. Learning new skills and habits having new goles and a renewed sense of my Identity. I have ambitions today that wern't mine only a few months ago.
I miss my family. I miss the closeness I have known. I miss having my family to bounce ideas off and hang out with. I miss not being a part of their life. Some times I feel like I ran away. One day you are a part of the commotion and the next you are isolated from it. I still imagine my self at home with Mom and Dad Timmy and mark. I wonder how my life would be if I was in nursing school or working with the mentally disabled. Then I pause and thank god He is looking out for me. I miss mars hill and the whole gang downtown. And then there is Julie, I miss Julie soo much. I miss lazy days of sitting around the house in our PJ'S to going out on the town for my B-days. I miss Cooking and Hosting and Playing Games. I have lost but not forgotten those joys. I have so mush too be thankful for the times I have shared with my family. I Know that I am loved. I hope they know how much I love them.
II miss days of sleeping in with my dog in my arms......I can still remember the day I brought her home and I realized she was really my dog. I think about her often. It gives me so much joy to know that mom and dad are giving the love that she deserves. I wake up every morning and feel prepared for whatever that day may bring. I have never had to make so many decisions for myself.Its terrifying and exhilarating. I never know how I really feel except that I feel confused. I have always enjoyed, or at times relied on, being able to ask someone with more experience what might be the best choice between the options. I feel like my options here are all too many and too wonderful. I cant handle all of these decisions. They are too important to leave up to chance but each is to thrilling to pass off. I should be asking some one to tell me what to do.... Some one who understands me and really knows whats best for me. some one who knows my likes and dislikes, and wants me to succeed. So I pray and I say Father thy will be dine. With my life and my career and my location and as specially with my heart. I am never beyond his reach no matter how far I travel or stray. He knows me. Better than anyone knows me and he loves me more than anyone loves me. Even more than Mia
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you for starting this. It is great to hear what your heart is going through in this time. I know what you are missing and I hope you can return to it one day.
ReplyDeleteCousin Shellie
Andrew, you are a treasure....God will bless you!
ReplyDeleteThis is the lyric's of a song that I have just come to love...I hope it speaks to your heart and soul
Point of Grace sings this song:
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
I have not lived a life that boasts of anything
I don't take pride in what I bring
But I'll build an altar with
The rubble that You've found me in
And every stone will sing
Of what You can redeem
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
Don't let me forget
Everything You've done for me
Don't let me forget
The beauty in the suffering
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
though we will probably not see you when you
are home we are excited about where God is taking you and look forward to seeing you at
some point when you will be around for a longer
visit
Love You
Aunt Lois